Sour Cream Pierogi Dough Recipe
This homemade pierogi dough recipe is from the 1980's from my mom's recipe cards. As my Babcia became older, my mother started writing down some of her recipes. While this is not a normal "pierogi dough" recipe it is something my late Babcia passed along later in life.
Sour Creme Pierogi Dough
- 6 Cups of Flour
- 1/4 lb melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3-4 whole eggs
- 1/2-1 cup sour creme
- 1 tsp salt
- Put flour & salt in the bowl
- Add melted butter or margarine, milk, eggs & sour cream
- Mix together into a dough that's easy to handle
- Knead into a little ball.
- Roll out the dough and fill with filling.
- Pinch closed
- Cook pierogi a few at a time in boiling water.
- When pierogi float to the top take out